Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.07Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionLong-awaited new edition of the classic text on large animal neurology. Written by one of the world's leading experts, the book reflects his considerable experience gained in America, Australia, New Zealand and Britain. This practical reference is a complete guide for all veterinarians in handling large animal neurologic cases. It is richly illustrated in full colour throughout, with 200 colour photographs plus detailed line drawings. In addition a wide variety of diseases are brought to life in video clips on the accompanying DVDs. This invaluable video library provides examples of actions, movements, postures and syndromes, and helps to visualise the definitions of clinical signs described in the text. Coverage: * Part I provides the information needed by the clinician to approach large animal neurologic cases. * Part II contains clinical discussions of clinical syndromes caused by diseases of the nervous system commonly encountered in practice. * Part III is new for the second edition, and describes mechanisms and most specific neurologic diseases of domestic animals, with frequent cross-references to the clinical problems in Part II. This second edition reflects the considerable advances in the understanding of neurologic diseases, diagstic modalities and treatment options since the first edition published in 1989.
- Author BiographyJoe Mayhew is head of Massey Equine group and Professor of Equine Studies at the Institute of Veterinary, Animal & Biomedical Sciences, Massey University, New Zealand. He is Diplomat of both the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Large Animal Internal Medicine and Neurology) and the European College of Veterinary Neurology. During his distinguished career he has also held positions at University of California, Davis, Cornell University, University of Florida, Animal Health Trust, University of Cambridge, and University of Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Joe Mayhew
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication12/12/2008
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Notecol. ill
- Weight1310 g
- Width194 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.