Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionLarge deviation estimates have proved to be the crucial tool required to handle many questions in statistics, engineering, statistial mechanics, and applied probability. Amir Dembo and Ofer Zeitouni, two of the leading researchers in the field, provide an introduction to the theory of large deviations and applications at a level suitable for graduate students. The mathematics is rigorous and the applications come from a wide range of areas, including electrical engineering and DNA sequences. The second edition, printed in 1998, included new material on concentration inequalities and the metric and weak convergence approaches to large deviations. General statements and applications were sharpened, new exercises added, and the bibliography updated. The present soft cover edition is a corrected printing of the 1998 edition.
- Author BiographyAmir Dembo is a Professor of Mathematics and of Statistics at Stanford University. Ofer Zeitouni is a Professor of Mathematics at the Weizmann Institute of Science and at the University of Minnesota.
- Author(s)Amir Dembo,Ofer Zeitouni
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- Series TitleStochastic Modelling and Applied Probability
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 38
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 1998. 2nd printing 2009
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.