All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionLaser ablation is an established and versatile tool in modern manufacturing. At the same time, the basics and applications of laser ablation are the subject of numerous current research studies. Both facts demonstrate a huge interest in the topic as well as the ermous potential of this technique for a number of applications, such as laser materials processing and laser-based materials testing. This book addresses scientists, researchers and application engineers who work in the continuously growing field of laser ablation. It also acts as a reference book for professors, lecturers and students of corresponding study courses or professional training programs. Written by an international board of authors, this book provides an overview on laser sources used for laser ablation, the basics of laser beam guidance and shaping as well as laser-matter-interactions and the main underlying mechanisms of laser ablation. Different laser-based material processing and modification methods along with specific applications and recent developments of laser ablation techniques are presented. Laser-plasma-hybrid techniques, the laser-based fabrication of naparticles and heterostructures, and laser surface functionalisation are merely some of the methods aforementioned. Furthermore, several laser-induced effects are discussed against the background of relevant applications in microelectronics, photovoltaics, packaging and patterning.
- Author BiographyDr. Christoph Gerhard studied Precision Manufacturing Technology and Optical Engineering/Photonics in Gottingen, Paris and Bremen. From 2006 to 2009, he worked as product manager for precision optics in industry. Since 2009, he performs fundamental and applied research in the field of laser-based micro material processing at different research institutions. In 2014, he received his doctor's degree in Natural Science from Clausthal University of Technology and works now as postdoctoral researcher at the Fraunhofer Application Center for Plasma and Photonic in Gottingen, Germany. He is further lecturer for laser material processing at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts (HAWK) in Gottingen, Germany.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight602 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byChristoph Gerhard,Stephan Wieneke,Wolfgang Viol
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.