All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents selected research papers of the AIMTDR 2014 conference on application of laser techlogy for various manufacturing processes such as cutting, forming, welding, sintering, cladding and micro-machining. State-of-the-art of these techlogies in terms of numerical modeling, experimental studies and industrial case studies are presented. This book will enrich the kwledge of budding techcrats, graduate students of mechanical and manufacturing engineering, and researchers working in this area.
- Author BiographyDr. Shrikrishna N. Joshi has completed his doctoral studies in the area of Intelligent modeling and optimization of electric discharge machining process from IIT Bombay in the year 2009. Since then he is working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati. His research interests are Micro-machining and Micro-bending using Lasers; Computer aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM); Manufacturing process modeling and optimization; and Mechatronics. He is guiding five PhD students those who are working on various research areas such as laser bending, laser induced plasma micro-machining, thin-wall milling and single point diamond turning. Dr. Joshi has about 25 papers published in international journals and conferences of national/international reputes. Dr. U.S. Dixit obtained a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Roorkee (now Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee) in 1987, an M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur in 1993, and a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kanpur in 1998. A Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Dr. Dixit has published numerous papers and five books. He has also edited a book on Metal Forming, guest-edited a number of special journal issues, and is an associate editor for the Journal of Institution of Engineers Series C.
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleTopics in Mining, Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note275 black & white illustrations, 84 black & white tables, biography
- Weight877 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byShrikrishna N. Joshi,Uday Shanker Dixit
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.