Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the biggest mysteries of 20th century shipping is solved, at last. In November 1928, more than a hundred passengers were looking forward to a pleasant voyage from New York City to South America when their ship, the overloaded and leaky S.S. Vestris steamed into a massive storm. On the second night out, two giant waves pounded the liner and inflicted a wound from which she would never recover. Within hours, the Vestris was on her way to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, leaving behind a debris field teeming with heroes, cowards, the living and the dead. News of the disaster occupied front pages for weeks, but in the ensuing decades, the Vestris and her passengers were forgotten by history. Having taken place a year before the Crash of 1929 and a decade before the Second World War, The sinking was overshadowed by much larger news events and igred by historians - until w. Written in the spirit of Walter Lord's classic A Night to Remember, Last Dance of the Vestris is the gripping true story of the fateful last voyage of a once-grand British liner and the harrowing experiences of the men, women and children who struggled to survive her sinking.
- Author BiographyClint Olivier is an award-winning journalist whose work has appeared in print and on television. Olivier made his first transatlantic crossing aboard the Queen Elizabeth 2 in 2008 and chronicled the voyage for Fox affiliate KMPH. Other assignments have taken him everywhere from New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, to the site of the Mountain Meadows Massacre in Utah to California's Mojave Desert for the Landing of Space Shuttle Discovery. He writes from Fresno, California.
- Author(s)Clint Olivier
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.