All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionLiving in the last days of ancient Atlantis, Mari strives to make choices that are best for her and her people. Her story is told against a backdrop of deception and intrigue as she becomes entangled in the power struggles between her people and the rulers of the City of the Golden Gates.Events collide and she is forced to take on a momentous task, one that tests her love and trust in the traditions of her people and in those who are dearest to her: her mother, and the young man she loves. Mari believes she has failed the task and struggles to overcome her feelings of grief, guilt, and betrayal that threaten her very survival.
- Author BiographyStephanie's life is an inspirational adventurous one for her large family and anyone who knows her. She is married to Neil is a mother of seven, grandmother of twenty-four, great grandmother of ten. Stephanie has been a stay-at-home mum, volunteer, Avon lady, receptionist, adult university student, tutor of English and Geography, and a coordinator of a bridging course for non-qualified women seeking to enter university. She has a BA in Politics and MSocSc in Geography and Politics and until recently successfully worked as a town planner. She has had her own town planning consultancy and worked for several councils and corporate planning consultancies. She retired from full time paid employment in 2011. In her professional life Stephanie wrote and researched a variety of topics and continues those skills in her writing and proofreading activities. She has loved stories all her life and when in 2005 the opportunity came to live in the USA, she decided to see if her desire to write fiction had any potential. During six weeks snowbound in North Adams, Massachusetts, the draft of her first novel, Last Days in Atlantis - The City with the Golden Gates, was completed. Numerous edits and refinements later, she self-published in 2010. Since then she has written two children's stories about Beatrice, a 'trainee' angel with one large wing. Neil's granddaughter, Bella, illustrated the first book and Stephanie's great niece, Hayley, is currently illustrating the second. Stephanie writes and researches about two days a week. She is currently working on a motivational work based on the memoirs of her amazing life. Her writing To Do List has about ten projects on it and she is excited to think that she'll be writing for a long, long time. Stephanie and her daughter, Phoebe Wilby, have started Delahoyde Publishing Co Ltd, a publishing company to showcase their writing and creative innovations of their family members and associates on the website www.delahoydepublishing.com. Stephanie and Neil live in Dunedin where they enjoy the closeness of the beaches, the natural environment and the expanse of Central Otago. She loves listening to music, gardening, reading and collating stories about the family. She belongs to a Book Club and enjoys reading other people's reading choices. Golf is an activity she has taken up since retiring and is sorry she didn't take it up earlier. Dunedin has several lovely golf courses and she belongs to a fun loving group of Nine Hole Ladies.
- Author(s)Stephanie H. Hammond
- PublisherDelahoyde Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationDunedin
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintDelahoyde Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.