All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionJulius Shulman (1910 - 2009), one of today's foremost architectural photographers, achieved international acclaim with his pictures of the architecture of the post-war and Kennedy eras. Shulman t only set standards in modern architectural photography, working with the pre-eminent architects of his time; he also defined a completely new style, in which architectural photography is elevated above the slavish illustration of architectural history to become a pictorial medium in its own right.
- Author BiographyJulius Shulman (Brooklyn, October 10, 1910 - Los Angeles, July 15, 2009) was an American architectural photographer best known for his photograph Case Study House #22, Los Angeles, 1960, Pierre Koenig, Architect. Some of his architectural photographs, like the iconic shots of Frank Lloyd Wright's or Pierre Koenig's remarkable structures, have been published countless times. The brilliance of buildings like those by Charles Eames, as well as those of his close friend, Richard Neutra, was first brought to light by Shulman's photography. The clarity of his work demanded that architectural photography had to be considered as an independent art form.In 2000 Julius Shulman gave up retirement to begin working with business partner Juergen Nogai.us Shulman and Juergen Nogai have had exhibitions at the Design and Architecture Museum in Frankfurt, Germany, in fall 2005 as well as an exhibition at the Barnsdall Municipal Gallery in Los Angeles 2006, Craig Krull Gallery Bergamont station, Los Angeles, October 2007, and another show in spring 2009. Juergen Nogai, born 1953 in Jessen/Elster, near Berlin, is a German architecture, art and documentary photographer. He studied Fine Arts, Film, Theatre and Television Science, and German Language at the University of Cologne, Germany. Later he taught German Language and Fine Arts, concurrently with his career as a free-lance photographer. In 2000 he re-located to Los Angeles and began working on numerous book projects. It was during this period that Juergen began his decade long collaboration with renowned architectural photographer Julius Shulman. They have had numerous gallery and museum exhibitions of their work and Juergen is represented by Craig Krull Gallery, in Los Angeles.Julius Shulman and Juergen Nogai have had exhibitions at the Design and Architecture Museum in Frankfurt, Germany, in fall 2005 as well as an exhibition at the Barnsdall Municipal Gallery in Los Angeles 2006, Craig Krull Gallery Bergamont station, Los Angeles, October 2007, and another show in spring 2009. An exhibition of their work is also scheduled in Mannheim, Germany, in 2010. Thomas Schirmbock is the director of ZEPHYR-Raum fur Fotografie in Mannheim, Germany. ZEPHYR is one of the very few public spaces for photography and related media in Germany.
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication26/01/2011
- Place of PublicationHeidelberg
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Out-of-print date07/12/2016
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1219 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.