All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.51Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.67Trending at AU $13.03
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
About this product
- DescriptionMollie Chandler is on the verge of joining a shadowy Order whose magical operatives, the Glymjacks, manipulate events of the past. As the only candidate for the role of Psychopomp, she must pass one final test before the job is hers. The crumbling Blue Alice has been gathering ghosts for over a hundred years. Once a grand mansion, it was converted to a rooming house in the 1920s. Tenants throughout the century since have suffered violent poltergeist attacks by a vengeful spirit, complained of a spectral woman in black who looms and leers at their every move, reported hearing music when there should be ne playing, and appealed to exorcists when tormented by a judgmental demon. Mollie must use magic, ingenuity, and intuition to travel back in time to the source of each haunting, avert their circumstances, and change history. If she succeeds, she will have to give up everything she's ever kwn to become a Glymjack. If she fails, Mollie will t survive - if she's lucky. The alternatives to death are far worse. Mollie has but one night to change the histories of the dead and plot the course for her own future. She is running out of time, and into the haunted heart of the Blue Alice.
- Author BiographyMehitobel Wilson has been a Bram Stoker Award nominee, and many of her stories have been granted Honorable Mentions in the Year's Best Fantasy and Horror series. Recent short stories have appeared in Apex #75, Deep Cuts, Necro Files, Zombies: Encounters with the Hungry Dead, Psychos, and Sins of the Sirens. Selected stories have been collected in Dangerous Red. Visit her at mehitobel.com. She's been a dog groomer, an industrial painter, a runway model, a belt worker in a factory, a cigarette girl at a movie theater, an audio/visual technician, a Latin tutor, a waitress, and Executive Director of Violent Cussing at an art college. Bel grew up in the backwoods of South Carolina, went to college in St. Paul, and lived for a very long time in Savannah. Now she lives in Kentucky with her fella, and has succeeded in becoming almost fully nocturnal. She loves hella strong tea, pickled everything, baroque music, and Cantonese hip hop.
- Author(s)Erik Wilson,Mehitobel Wilson
- PublisherBedlam Press
- Date of Publication18/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedlam Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)David G Barnett
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.