Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionIn the spring of 1832, 275 Illiis militiamen under the command of Major Isaiah Stillman were sent on a mission to capture or destroy the infamous Chief Black Hawk and subdue the warriors that followed him into Illiis to reclaim their homeland. Stillmanas expedition earned the title of the aForlorn Hope, a as they found themselves up against superior numbers of warriors with the very real possibility of being completely wiped out. A small contingent of Rangers held their ground and covered the retreat of their fellow Rangers. Many lost their lives, but many others lived to tell the truth about what had really occurred on that day. Last Stand at Old Manas Creek is the true and correct story of what occurred and the aftermath of the battle that would smear the names of the men who were there. This finally answers the questions that have lingered for nearly two centuries about the circumstances surrounding the surprising defeat of the militia on that fatal day.
- Author(s)Eugene C Stevens
- Date of Publication29/12/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight127 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.