All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionWhile driving in 2007 on a solo road trip from California to central Texas, photographer Ryann Ford was struck by a recurring sight: humble, solitary rest stops. After doing some research, Ford was alarmed to learn that these rest areas were currently being demolished all over the country. Ford spent years on the road ducking under fences, stepping over fallen trees, and hiking through sw to reach and photograph some of these iconic rest stops; in doing so, she learned that they are so much more than toilets and tables - they are American icons.
- Author BiographyRaised in a Southern California mountain town so small it didn't even have a stoplight, Ryann Ford had the freedom to explore and observe from a young age. At age 12, she took her first photo using her father's old Pentax Spotmatic from Vietnam; at age 18 she enrolled in the renowned Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, where she earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Photography. Living in Los Angeles, Ryann's creative work began to focus toward two subjects: artifacts of the abandoned American desert, and the fading landscape of California's Salton Sea. In 2007, Ryann packed up her things and made the move to Austin, Texas, taking Route 66 to get there. Along the way, she discovered her next photography subject - the rest stop - a project that culminated in The Last Stop series. This work has been covered by outlets such as the New York Times Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, The Atlantic, and NPR. Ryann is currently a commercial photographer who shoots regularly for such clients as Better Homes and Gardens, The New York Times, and Texas Monthly. Her meticulously composed architectural and interior photography has become an industry favorite, and it is this style - clean and thoughtful - that continues to inform her fine art today.
- Author(s)Ryann Ford
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/05/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight1528 g
- Width264 mm
- Height312 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.