All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery Sunday after church, CJ and his grandma ride the bus across town. But today, CJ wonders why they don't own a car like his friend Colby. Why doesn't he have an iPod like the boys on the bus? How come they always have to get off in the dirty part of town? Each question is met with an encouraging answer from grandma, who helps him see the beauty and fun in their routine and in the world around them. This energetic ride through a bustling city highlights the love and understanding between grandparent and grandchild as the world comes to life through Matt de la Pena's vibrant text and Christian Robinson's radiant illustrations.
- Author Biography<b>Matt de la Pena</b> (www.mattdelapena.com) is the author of several critically-acclaimed young adult novels, as well as the celebrated picture book <i>A Nation s Hope: The Story of Boxing Legend Joe Louis. </i>Matt lives in Brooklyn, NY. Follow him on Twitter @mattdelapena <b>Christian Robinson</b> (www.theartoffun.com) is the winner of the 2014 Ezra Jack Keats New Illustrator Award, as well as the 2013 Marion Vannett Ridgeway Honor. Christian lives in San Francisco, California.
- Author(s)Matt De La Pena
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication23/05/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintG.P.Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers'
- Content Notefull colour illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width226 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.