All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionMeet pilgrims and Indians, poets and nuns, teachers, priests, veterans of the war in the South Atlantic, gold diggers, coal miners and ranchers, those bereaved by the Dirty War and apologists for it, and those stalgic for the time when theirs was one of the world's richest countries or Evita held half the nation spellbound. Everyone has an image of Argentina or its people, be it tango dancers or gauchos riding the pampa, football and the 'hand of God', the swcapped Andes or the Patagonian vast, 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina', or beef and Malbec. The Argentinians themselves are wont to joke that theirs would be the most wonderful country in the world, were it t for its 42 million inhabitants. David Marsh goes beyond this self-deprecating take and delves into the Argentinian psyche in Last Tango in Bues Aires, which takes an intimate look into an often-misunderstood country. Everyone I met seemed to have a tale to tell or a point to make, said David Marsh, when discussing his travels through Argentina. Their voices breathe authentic life into Last Tango in Bues Aires, a compelling book that will appeal to fans of travel writing. It covers t only Argentina's geographical and cultural diversity, its beauty, history, politics, and paradoxes, but also the Argentinians of diverse backgrounds and walks of life that David met during his travels.
- Author BiographyFollowing research in protein biophysics in the USA, Mongolia and France, where he now lives, David Marsh turned to translation and writing. Fluent in French and Spanish, he has travelled extensively in North America, Europe, Asia and South America.
- Author(s)David Marsh
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.