Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $40.15Trending at AU $49.57
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.48
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $48.42
- AU $10.73Trending at AU $14.14
- AU $17.92Trending at AU $28.44
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $49.09
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.11
About this product
- DescriptionIn the late 1950s, as America prepared for the Civil War centennial, two very old men lay dying. Albert Woolson, 109 years old, slipped in and out of a coma at a Duluth, Minnesota, hospital, his memories as a Yankee drummer boy slowly dimming. Walter Williams, at 117, blind and deaf and bedridden in his daughter's home in Houston, Texas, longer could tell of his time as a Confederate forage master. The last of the Blue and the Gray were drifting away; an era was ending. Unkwn to the public, centennial officials, and the White House too, one of these men was indeed a veteran of that horrible conflict and one, according to the best evidence, thing but a fraud. One was a soldier. The other had been living a great, big lie.
- Author BiographyRichard A. Serrano, a former reporter for the Kansas City Times, is currently a Washington correspondent for the Los Angeles Times. He is the author of One of Ours: Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City Bombing. Actor and musician Dan John Miller is an award-winning audiobook narrator, having garnered multiple Audie Award nominations and one win, twice been named a Best Voice by AudioFile magazine, and received several AudioFile Golden Earphones Awards and a Listen-Up Award from Publishers Weekly.
- Author(s)Richard A. Serrano
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication08/10/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date07/01/2017
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Dan John Miller
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time424
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.