CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe Last of the Ten Fighter Boys is intended to be both a prequel and a sequel to the chapter Jimmy wrote for Ten Fighter Boys , filling in the 'missing pieces'. The book charts: his early life before the outbreak of war in 1939; the decisions he made; and, those that were made for him. He describes how an ordinary working class boy from Maidstone was propelled into the most extraordinary of situations, landing him in the thick of the action in the skies over Kent during the summer and autumn of 1940.
- Author BiographyJimmy Corbin DFC was a schoolteacher before training as a pilot. Joining a frontline Spitfire squadron in the summer of 1940. He flew operationally in the Battle of Britain, later instructing at an Operational Training Unit before being posted to North Africa as a Spitfire pilot. After the war he resumed his career as a schoolteacher. Now retired, he lives in Kent.
- Author(s)Jimmy Corbin
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSutton Publishing Ltd
- Content Note32 black and white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.