CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of this popular guide to lasting powers of attorney has been fully updated to take account of all developments in the law and practice since 2007. The text has been substantially reworked and expanded to offer new chapters on the process of creating an LPA and the procedures for termination and revocation. The author draws on his experience of making LPAs and the guidance in the Code of Practice, from the Public Guardian, the Law Society and Solicitors for the Elderly to focus on the practical issues for advisers and highlight potential pitfalls. Among the coverage and features new to this edition are: capacity to make an LPA following Re: Collis summaries of Court of Protection judgments on severance of restrictions and conditions guidance for dors, attorneys and certificate providers from the Public Guardian the appointment of replacement attorneys sample conditions and restrictions.To assist advisers to give their clients full, rounded advice the author also offers practical guidance on the options available to a client wishing to make an LPA, including chapters on existing EPAs, advance decisions, Court of Protection deputies, and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. The appendix contains law and guidance relevant to advisers, including extracts from the Code of Practice, statutory extracts, and Practice Notes from the Law Society.
- Author BiographyCraig Ward is a solicitor and CEDR accredited mediator. He has a degree in psychology and extensive professional experience of issues relating to mental capacity through advice and casework in legal, charity and social work environments.
- Author(s)Craig Ward
- PublisherThe Law Society
- Date of Publication12/08/2011
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Law Society
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.