All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionLatin America 2040 presents a longer term vision of Latin American society and ecomies, within which current policy debates and actions must be anchored. It presents a set of multigenerational issues that must be tackled urgently in order for countries in the region to sharply reduce inequities as well as raise their ecomic growth rates. While most Latin Americans have weathered the latest ecomic turmoil reasonably well, the fact is that the region has been underperforming Asia for the past thirty years. Much of Latin America is mired in the middle income trap . This book argues that the current situation is untenable ecomically, socially and politically. At the same time, the authors believe that the region can and must aim higher and aspire to achieve much more rapid ecomic growth and a much faster reduction in disparities during the next three decades. This book presents a bold and ambitious new vision of Latin America and offers an agenda for such a resurgence of Latin America. It presents a strategy for the regional ecomies to realize this vision by sharply raising their growth rates while achieving much more inclusive societies. This, in turn, will allow Latin America to reverse the trend of the past thirty years during which it steadily and significantly lost its share of the world ecomy and thus enter a new era of hope and prosperity.
- Author BiographyHarinder S. Kohli is the Founding Director and Chief Executive of the Emerging Markets Forum as well as Founding Director, President, and CEO of Centennial Group International, both based in Washington, DC. He is the Editor of Global Journal of Emerging Markets Economies. Prior to starting his current ventures, he served over 25 years in various senior managerial positions at the World Bank. He has written extensively on the emergence of Asia, Latin America, Africa, and other emerging market economies, financial development, private capital flows, and infrastructure. He is an author and co-editor of India 2039: An Affluent Society in One Generation (2010), (2010), A Resilient Asia amidst Global Financial Crisis (2010), Islamic Finance (2011), Asia 2050: Realizing the Asian Century (2011), and A New Vision for Mexico 2042: Achieving Prosperity for All (2012). He led Centennial Group teams that helped ADB and CAF develop their long term corporate strategies. Mr. Kohli is currently leading a year-long EMF study on the long term prospects and challenges faced by emerging market economies worldwide. Claudio M. Loser is CEO and President of Centennial Latin America, and is Advisor for the Emerging Markets Forum. Loser is also a Senior Fellow at the Inter-American Dialogue. Since 2005 he has been an adjunct professor of Economics (Latin American Economic Development) at George Washington University, and has lectured at the Foreign Service Institute of the US Department of State. For thirty years and until November 2002, he was a staff member of the International Monetary Fund. During the last eight years of his tenure he was Director of the Western Hemisphere Department at the IMF. He graduated from the University of Cuyo in Argentina and received his MA and PhD from the University of Chicago. Loser has published extensively, including the book Enemigos together with the Argentine journalist Ernesto Tenenbaum, where they discuss the relations of the IMF and Argentina in the 1990s. He also is co-editor of Latin America 2040-Breaking Away from Complacency: An Agenda for Resurgence (2010). Anil Sood, in his 30-year career at the World Bank, occupied many senior positions including Vice President, Strategy and Resource Management, and Special Advisor to the Managing Directors. He has since advised chief executives and senior management of a number of development organizations including the African Development Bank, the Islamic Development Bank, the United Nations Development Programme, and the United Nations Economic Commission of Africa, on matters of strategy and development effectiveness.
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Width184 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAnil Sood,Claudio M. Loser,Harinder S. Kohli
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.