All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis compelling and comprehensive survey introduces an exceptionally rich, fascinating and complex art. Edward Lucie-Smith discusses major subjects and issues: Magic Realism, Expressionism and other concepts shared with Latin American literature; the great muralists Diego Rivera, David Alfaro Siqueiros and Jose Clemente Orozco; the interaction of politics, society and art; the continuing interest in folk art; and the dialogue between avant-garde European and North American movements and 'indigenist' thinking in the work of artists such as Wifredo Lam, Matta, Rufi Tamayo and Frida Kahlo. In this revised edition, a new final section presents the leading artists of today, some of whose work in the fields of interactive installation, photography and video art reveals a continent embracing the experimental and the new.
- Author BiographyEdward Lucie-Smith is the author of numerous books, among them The Thames & Hudson Dictionary of Art Terms, Furniture, Movements in Art Since 1945, Symbolist Art and Sexuality in Western Art, all in the World of Art series.
- Author(s)Edward Lucie-Smith
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication07/02/2005
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleWorld of Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note178 illustrations, 45 in colour
- Weight480 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.