All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of 15 tests is modelled on those used in GCSE examinations. The first few are at the standard of Foundation Tier and provide appropriate practice for Foundation Tier candidates as well as an easier introduction to the harder tests for Higher Tier candidates. The remaining tests are designed for Higher Tier candidates. All the tests contain a range of grammatical and syntactical features appropriate for GCSE and assume a basic kwledge of about 500 words of vocabulary; other words and proper names are glossed. Each test consists of three sections: a passage of about 60 words, tested by simple comprehension questions; a passage of about 100 words, for translation; and a passage of about 90 words, tested by more demanding questions. A gradient of difficulty is maintained throughout the Latin. Each test also has two mark schemes, suitable for use by the teacher or by the student for self-assessment.
- Author BiographyAshley Carter is head of Classics at Hitchin Girls' School and a Chief Examiner for Latin. He is the author of Themes in Classical Civilisation and co-author of Cambridge Latin Anthology.
- Author(s)Ashley Carter
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication09/10/2003
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBristol Classical Press
- Weight156 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.65
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.66
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.52
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $28.83
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.74
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $90.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.