All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLatin Stories is an ideal first reader for students of Latin. It offers 100 self-contained passages of manageable length, chosen for their intrinsic interest and adapted from a wide range of ancient authors. Generous help is given, with a short introduction to each story and glossing of all proper names and n-GCSE vocabulary. The collection will also be attractive to older students beginning or returning to the language. Section 1 provides 30 passages, starting with very short and simple stories and building up to the level of the current OCR GCSE paper Language 1. Section 2 provides 30 passages at the level of the GCSE paper Language 2, with its more demanding grammar and vocabulary requirements. Section 3 provides 40 longer passages in the style of current GCSE papers, with comprehension questions as well as sections for translation: 20 for Language 1 (stories from mythology or Roman life) and 20 for Language 2 (stories from Greek and Roman history).
- Author BiographyHenry Cullen teaches Classics at Tonbridge School, UK. Michael Dormandy was Head of Classics at Ashford School, UK. John Taylor is Head of Classics at Tonbridge School and the author of Greek to GCSE Part I, Greek to GCSE Part II, Greek Beyond GCSE, Essential GCSE Latin and (with Stephen Anderson) Writing Greek.
- Author(s)Henry Cullen,John Taylor,Michael Dormandy
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/07/2011
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBristol Classical Press
- Weight338 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.