Latin for Dummies by Clfford A. Hull, Steven R. Perkins, Tracey Barr, Tracy L. Barr (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.48Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $40.95Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarn-lay atin-Lay? No, t that kind of Latin! You can learn true Latin, with conjugations, declensions, and all those extra syllables -- and it's easier than you think. In fact, most people mistakenly think of learning Latin as perhaps the most useless, tedious, and difficult thing to do on earth. They couldn't be more wrong. Latin For Dummies takes you back for a quick jaunt through the parlance of ancient Rome, as well as discussing the progress of Latin into church language, and its status today as the dead language that lives on in English, Spanish, Italian, and most other Western tongues. Written for those with zero prior kwledge of Latin, this snappy guide puts the basics at your fingertips and steers clear of the arcane, schoolmarm stereotype of endless declensions and Herculean translations. Easy-to-understand sections describe: * Latin you already kw * Grammar * Pronunciation * Latin in action * Latin in law * Latin in medicine * Latin for impressing your friends * And much more No dusty tome or other such artifact, Latin For Dummies makes learning fun and brings the language to life by presenting conversations in various Roman settings, as well as providing fun facts and stories about classical life. And if you feel you may actually have a negative aptitude for the language, don't worry; pronunciations and translations follow every expression, and a helpful mini-dictionary graces the book's last pages. You'll also find out about: * The quotable Roman * Latin graffiti * Latin authors who's who * Gladiator Latin * Latin in love, marriage, and family * From the mouth of Julius Caesar * Romans on drink * Helpful Latin-related Web sites * Fun and games exercises Designed to introduce and familiarize you with the language rather than make you the next Cicero, Latin For Dummies gives you all the tools you need to work at your own pace to learn as much or as little as you like. So li timere (-lee tih-may-reh) -- have fear -- and carpe diem ( pick up Latin For Dummies today )!
- Author BiographyClifford A. Hull has taught Latin, Greek, medical terminology, and classical mythology. Steven R. Perkins has taught Latin for a decade. Tracy Barr has served as an editor, editorial manager, writer, and consultant on For Dummies books.
- Author(s)Clfford A. Hull,Steven R. Perkins,Tracey Barr,Tracy L. Barr
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication18/06/2002
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Series TitleFor dummies
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight538 g
- Width187 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.