All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionThe studies presented in this volume of New Directions for Community Colleges aim to foster a better understanding of the ways in which community colleges provide Lati students with educational access and opportunity. State and federal policy has increasingly looked to the community college to educate Latis-the largest mirity group in the United States-and other students traditionally underrepresented in higher education. Indeed, Latis enroll in community colleges at rates higher than those for any other racial or ethnic group. Although research has been done to study the influence of various contributors to Lati opportunity, such as immigration policy, language, and academic opportunity, the profound and confounding influence of these factors remains underexplored. This volume provides and underscores the importance of serious scholarship towards this vital set of institutions and their students.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication10/04/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleJ-B CC Single Issue Community Colleges
- Series Part/Volume Number133
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Notecharts
- Weight136 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byCatherine L. Horn,Gary Orfield,Jeffrey A. Seybert,Stella M. Flores
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.