All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThey work at some of America's most hazardous jobs, have few protections, and receive some of the lowest wages. Lati Farmworkers in the Eastern United States describes this understudied and underserved population. Taking a social justice stance, this volume examines the health and living conditions of workers in agriculture, while advocating for equality. Contributors cover all major areas of illness and injury (including occupational, environmental, infections, and pesticides), while also focusing on systemic social conditions, from lax industry regulations to lack of basic services--problems that are exacerbated by workers' status as recent immigrants. Mental health burdens from the effects of discrimination to substance use, as well as the cumulative impact of workers' separation from families are discussed for a comprehensive, meticulously documented resource. Written to serve both the seasoned professional and the newcomer, Lati Farmworkers in the Eastern United States is a bedrock source of information for those providing health and social services in the community, for researchers investigating health and safety disparities, and for advocates and policymakers working to correct them.
- Author BiographyThomas A. Arcury is a Professor and Research Director in the Department of Family and Community Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine. Sara A. Quandt is a Professor in the Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, Wake Forest University School of Medicine.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note31 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, biography
- Weight476 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited bySara A. Quandt,Thomas A. Arcury
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.