Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionLattice Boltzmann Method introduces the lattice Boltzmann method (LBM) for solving transport phemena - flow, heat and mass transfer - in a systematic way. Providing explanatory computer codes throughout the book, the author guides readers through many practical examples, such as: * flow in isothermal and n-isothermal lid driven cavities;* flow over obstacles;* forced flow through a heated channel;* conjugate forced convection; and* natural convection. Diffusion and advection-diffusion equations are discussed with applications and examples, and complete computer codes accompany the coverage of single and multi-relaxation-time methods. Although the codes are written in FORTRAN, they can be easily translated to other languages, such as C++. The codes can also be extended with little effort to multi-phase and multi-physics, if the reader kws the physics of the problem. Readers with some experience of advanced mathematics and physics will find Lattice Boltzmann Method a useful and easy-to-follow text. It has been written for those who are interested in learning and applying the LBM to engineering and industrial problems and it can also serve as a textbook for advanced undergraduate or graduate students who are studying computational transport phemena.
- Author BiographyA. A. Mohamad's main areas of research are modelling and computational fluid dynamics, heat and mass transfer and combustion. He also works on energy systems analysis and solar energy. Dr. Mohamad is author and co-author of about 200 journal and conference papers.
- Author(s)A. A. Mohamad
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Notebiography
- Weight308 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.