All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis book started with Lattice Theory, First Concepts, in 1971. Then came General Lattice Theory, First Edition, in 1978, and the Second Edition twenty years later. Since the publication of the first edition in 1978, General Lattice Theory has become the authoritative introduction to lattice theory for graduate students and the standard reference for researchers. The First Edition set out to introduce and survey lattice theory. Some 12,000 papers have been published in the field since then; so Lattice Theory: Foundation focuses on introducing the field, laying the foundation for special topics and applications. Lattice Theory: Foundation, based on the previous three books, covers the fundamental concepts and results. The main topics are distributivity, congruences, constructions, modularity and semimodularity, varieties, and free products. The chapter on constructions is new, all the other chapters are revised and expanded versions from the earlier volumes. Almost 40 'diamond sections', many written by leading specialists in these fields, provide a brief glimpse into special topics beyond the basics. Review quotation: Lattice theory has come a long way...For those who appreciate lattice theory, or who are curious about its techniques and intriguing internal problems, Professor Gratzer's lucid new book provides a most valuable guide to many recent developments. Even a cursory reading should provide those few who may still believe that lattice theory is superficial or naive, with convincing evidence of its technical depth and sophistication. ( Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society ). Gratzer's book General Lattice Theory has become the lattice theorist's bible. ( Mathematical Reviews ).
- Author BiographyGeorge Gratzer, Member of the Canadian Academy of Sciences and Foreign Member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, is the author of 26 books in five languages and about 260 articles, most of them on his research in lattice theory.
- Author(s)George A. Gratzer
- PublisherSpringer Basel
- Date of Publication07/02/2011
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer Basel
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1191 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.