All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing up in regular, boring suburbia, Jennifer has lived quite a lot more then a mundane life. From her hilarious recaps of high school mayhem, to her side-splitting details of hillbilly encounters when she moved to the country, this book will keep you laughing from cover to cover. Her motto in life is to find humor and joy in all situations you may find yourself in, and she certainly captured that in this book. Each little story, life lesson, and daily happenings has been recorded as Jen lived through each moment. As a reader, you t only get to laugh along with the ridiculous antics, but you get to peek at the innermost heart of Jen. She has a way of tugging at your heart strings, while exposing the deepest human emotions we experience on a daily basis, yet whipping you back to reality with a witty remark that brilliantly pulls the whole situation together. Jen has been almost every type of mother: teenage, young, divorced, single, suffering, hard-working, remarried, disciplinarian, and most of all loving. Her two boys have brought her joy, pride and a wealth of hysterical tales that capture childhood incence from a mother's perspective. From a son using profound vocabulary at a young age, to the other leaving and coming home early and deflated from Marine Corp boot camp, there isn't a dull moment for her as she raises her two young men. Jen has a doting husband who brings his own special sayings and squabbles to the table, including his military history and his loving spirit that helps to get her through her days. She deals with numerous family members, from ex's to in-laws to out-laws and everyone in-between. As her family picks up and moves to the country-side of Ohio, the outlandish folks she encountered were amusing beyond compare. The entire chapter of Hillbillyisms will have you rolling on the floor. Throughout this entire collection of Jen's quick-witted, unexpected, comical life stories, you will be completely enthralled, loving the fact that she says everything we all wish we could say- and even the things we really shouldn't. This is a delightful read, sure to capture your heart and your funny bone.
- Author BiographyJennifer has been writing since she could pick up a pen. She has always had a flare for the narrative and stair case wit. She has worked in and out of her local public schools since 1998. Jennifer married her U.S. Army Veteran husband in 2013 and has 2 sons, all of whom she writes plenty about in the pages of this book. She also has a step daughter who lives in North Carolina. Jennifer, her husband Clif, and sons Trey and Gabriel live in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio her HOMETOWN.
- Author(s)Jennifer Brock-Geiger
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.