Laugh You Live, Cry You Die: The Sequel to the Bridge Never Crossed-A Survivor's Search for Meaning; A Burn Survivor's Triumph Over Tragedy by Cpt George a Burk (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis poignant yet hopeful sequel to Captain George Burk's The Bridge Never Crossed - A Survivor's Search for Meaning is impressive for its candor and detail of suffering. Much of the stream-of-consciousness text is reminiscent of James Joyce's writing. His story can inspire hope for critically burned patients and teach empathy and understanding for physicians, nurses, and care givers. David R. Sanderson, M.D. Scottsdale, Arizona George Burk...draws the reader into the emotional and physical hell of a crispy critter. Refusing to cross the bridge to the other side, he chooses the rugged road to recovery. As his companion...readers share his suffering, developing an appreciation of true adversity... the courage and the perseverance to overcome it. Burk has become an inspirational messenger to audiences nationwide. Thomas W. Newsome, M.D. Dallas, Texas Read this book! Leaders are all about survival...to forge ahead in spite of incredible odds. Deeply imbedded determination and uncommon strength has driven George to unusual heights in his life. He is an inspiration to all of us. I've kwn this inspirational man for decades. His life's an example for us to follow and this wonderful book can change the reader in so many positive ways it begs a second reading. Les Griffin, Griffin Advisors, Westwood, Kansas If you want to understand strength of character, share the life of George Burk. He has spoken to our future naval leaders over the past several years at the US Naval Academy with his story of strength, perseverance and courage. He eloquently summarizes leadership - Leadership is t what to do, leadership is what to be. I am humbled at each opportunity to listen and talk with him as I kw t if my strength of character would carry me along his same path. He is a beacon on which to guide our lives. Captain James A. Campbell, USN (RET), Annapolis, Maryland Captain George Burk epitomizes the phrase been there, done that with regard to overcoming personal catastrophe. He's a LEADER...and shares the wisdom learned through a multitude of challenges in an inspiring way. Readers are captivated by his prose...you don't want to put this book down because you want to see how he'll tackle the next obstacle. Our country needs more LEADERS like Captain George Burk! Joseph J. Leonard, Jr., Lieutenant Commander, US Coast Guard, Houston, Texas Life isn't always fair, but we must always deal with the cards one is dealt...Captain George Burk's will to survive...with the efforts of many who choose careers to make a difference, are a testament to the power of the mind, teamwork and one's faith...! Gregory Noll, South Central Task Force, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Author BiographyWho is George Burk? In 1998, Captain George Burk's USAF (Ret.) story of his experience as a plane crash and burn survivor, The Bridge Never Crossed-A Survivor's Search for Meaning, generated an outburst of praise from everyone who read it. On May 4, 1970, George was the sole survivor of 14 Air Force personnel in a military plane crash. He suffered extensive burns, and multiple internal injuries. This motivational speaker and author returns with an-other book presenting many of the lessons and principles of life learned as a survivor and overcomer. George Burk is a highly decorated military officer and public servant who presently resides in Scottsdale, Arizona. He is a nationally recognized motivational speaker, trainer and writer whose mission is to entertain, inform, inspire and persuade. As a plane crash and burn survivor, George Burk shares with you his experiences, principles, and values you can use on your journey; they are valid and work because George uses them in his own life. Whether you are a professional immersed in a search for organizational change, excellence, and quality improvement, or an individual looking for ways to improve your personal life, you will find invaluable information in Captain Burk's writings and speeches. In a refreshingly straightforward and sometimes humorous style, George Burk shares his unique insights and perspectives into effective leadership, meaningful change, core values, and what it takes to be an effective leader. He offers the suggestion, based on his unique experiences, that for any change to be effective, it must be sequential, that is inside out-not outside in. George writes that life is filled with joy and adversity. It is adversity which is part of life's test, which makes us stronger. These adversities include obstacles, challenges and sufferings. He shares with you the idea that failure is not falling down, but staying down. the reader will learn the importance of a positive attitude, and how honesty, integrity and the deeply imbedded desire to live play in a person's journey through life. Captain George Burk P.O. Box 6392 Scottsdale AZ 85261-6392 1-800-769-8568 website: http: //www.georgeburk.com email: gburk@georgeburk.
- Author(s)Cpt George a Burk
- PublisherScience & Humanities Press
- Date of Publication14/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScience & Humanities Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Robert J Banis Phd
- Introduction byMD Wellford W Inge Jr
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.