All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionLaughter is the GPS system for the soul, poses Rev. Susan Sparks as she diagses our current condition of spiritual geliophobia -the fear of laughter in the presence of God. We have forgotten the playful, joyful aspect of the Holy One. For those who think God doesn't laugh, think platypus and blowfish, is her reminder to all who live life just a bit too seriously. This is a substantive, yet personal and funny look at the power of humour. With compelling stories from her life, Susan tracks the various ways humour has been revered in ancient cultures and world religious traditions, explores why humour is rarely included in our images of God, highlights the ways that humour allows us to transcend our isolation and our barriers, and reveals the ways in which humour can be the ark that carries us when tragedy hits. The result is a powerful, humorous case for laughter as a spiritual, healing path.
- Author BiographyRev. Susan Sparks, the only female comedian in the country with a pulpit, is the senior pastor of the historic Madison Avenue Baptist Church in New York City. She has been featured on ABC, PBS and CNN, as a regular guest with country music star Naomi Judd on Naomi's New Morning on the Hallmark Channel, in the New York Times, and in numerous comedy clubs.
- Author(s)Susan Sparks
- PublisherJewish Lights Publishing
- Date of Publication25/05/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyLight Paths Publishing,US
- Weight350 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.