Laughing and Loving with Autism: A Collection of Real-Life, Warm, and Humorous Stories by R. Wayne Gilpin (Paperback, 1993)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by expressbooksaustralia
- Est. delivery by 31 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you kw and love a child with autism, this book will warm your heart! R. Wayne Gilpin, founder of Future Horizons, Inc., has compiled humorous anecdotes revealing his son Alex's wisdom and wit. (Alex's sense of humor is legendary). Mingled with uplifting stories from other parents of children with autism, Laughing and Loving with Autism was born. Be sure to check out the two sequels: More Laughing and Loving with Autism , and Much More Laughing and Loving with Autism .
- Author BiographyWayne Gilpin founded the Future Horizons publishing company in 1996. Before that, he was publishing car repair guides and law books. But his son's diagnosis of autism rerouted his career path. He joined the Autism Society of America and was voted president in 1987. Collecting as much information on autism as he could, Wayne was saddened by the fact that all of the resources at the time were very negative and offered little hope for his son. But his experience told a different story. His son Alex was a gentle, honest, and intelligent person, and Wayne was confident that Alex would overcome his obstacles and defy the odds. To bring a little light into the autism community, he compiled and published a book called Laughing and Loving with Autism. It contained humorous and touching stories from parents of children with autism. It was the first book to really capture the positive aspects of these kids, and it gave other parents hope. Now, over 100 books and DVDs later, Future Horizons is the leading autism publisher in the world.
- Author(s)R. Wayne Gilpin
- PublisherFuture Horizons Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/01/1993
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationArlington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFuture Horizons Incorporated
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.