All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionLAUGHLAND is a multi-generational thriller born with an act so heius it took on a life of its own ruining lives and killing people for more than twenty years. It fell to Amos Eliot, the exceptional son of one of the victims, to confront the evil. The carnival called Laughland sprang to life deep in the wasteland of the American West. The midway blazed with light. The roller coaster car made its steep climb, and at the far end the carousel turned while raising and lowering its horses accompanied by what Teresa Gill felt sure was a Bach fugue rich with its thundering organ cords echoing off the hills. It's beautiful, she said. Laughland was born at Bong Sat, said Amos Eliot. The battle was fought because of Nathan Ferry's ambition and heartlessness. My father told me about the jungle, the rain, and the giant cathedral where the organ played while many died. The carnival glowed, every detail etched in crystalline clarity against the darkness of the surrounding desert while the fugue played on. Clyde says Laughland is the conscience of Bong Sat, Amos said. What happened there was so terrible that God will close the books here on the midway, or if Clyde has his way, in the fun house. Father Harold says Laughland is the moral scab of an evil so profound it can t heal without an exorcism. What do you say? asked Teresa, feeling the young man's intensity radiating next to her. They walked down the path in silence until Amos stopped, and said, I am the heart and soul of all who died.
- Author BiographyKen Byers is a Portland native who has traveled the Northwest extensively. His travels have given him an appreciation for what the land suggests. His novels are written about a world slightly larger than this one, and are either all, or in part, set in Oregon. He is a past president of Willamette Writers. The Weight of the Journey is his second suspense novel published with Lloyd Court Press. He writes the blog Thriller Brain. He is currently at work on a sequel to Journey entitled All That Glitters.
- Author(s)Ken Byers
- PublisherLloyd Court Press
- Date of Publication09/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLloyd Court Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.