All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
About this product
- DescriptionLaura's Letters is a love story told in letters written 150 years ago by Laura Wynne & Bestor Coleman of Alabama. Bestor courted Laura writing ardent, eloquent letters that lead to their marriage. Bestor enlisted in Co F 40th Reg CSA May 1862. Bestor was captured twice; never recovered from the harsh conditions at Rock Island Prison, Illiis. He died a few years after returning home. Laura's letters to her family tell of surviving after the War; of feeding, clothing, & educating her children during Reconstruction. The letters show the relationship with former slaves who continued to work for Laura after their Emancipation.
- Author BiographyAlice is the keeper of her relatives' letters. She has plans to publish other books of these letters. Alice graduated from the University of Alabama, is a collector of Alabama history, the mother of three, other mother of two, and lives in Florida with her husband, two dogs, and a cat.
- Author(s)Alice Coleman Griffin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Paul Maluccio
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.