All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom attacks on oil infrastructure in post-war reconstruction Iraq to the laying of gas pipelines in the Amazon Rainforest through indigeus community villages, infrastructure projects are sites of intense human rights struggles. Many state and n-state actors have proposed solutions for handling human rights problems in the context of specific infrastructure projects. Solutions have been admired for being lofty in principle; however, they have been judged wanting in practice. This book analyzes how human rights are handled in varied contexts and then assesses the feasibility of a common international institutional solution under the auspices of the United Nations to the alleged problem of the inability to translate human rights into practice.
- Author BiographyMichael B. Likosky holds a D. Phil from Oxford University, a J.D. from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, and a B.A. from Vassar College. He is currently the Lecturer in International Economic Law at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London. His teaching areas include law and globalization, international economic law, contracts, and public international law. He has published three books on law and globalization: The Silicon Empire (2005); (ed.) Transnational Legal Processes (Cambridge, 2002); and (ed.) Privatising Development (2005).
- Author(s)Michael B. Likosky
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2006
- SubjectInternational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLaw in Context
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Series Edited byWilliam Twining,Christopher McCrudden
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.