All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last two decades, advancement in techlogy has transformed every aspect of librarianship. Law Librarianship in Academic Law Libraries discusses issues and model practices in academic law libraries. This text will help librarians and library school students understand the operation, resources and facilities that are available in the academic law library. It explains the practices and trends that are widely practiced in different parts of the world. This book describes the expectations of an aspiring professional with an interest in specializing in law librarianship; revealing facts pertaining to management and administration which are t necessarily taught in library schools. The first chapter introduces the history of academic law libraries, and defines law librarianship. The remaining chapters are dedicated to different aspects of law librarianship including the importance of emerging techlogies and how they are implemented in the academic law libraries setting, finishing with a concluding chapter on global opportunities available for law librarians.
- Author BiographyYemisi Dina is a law librarian and is currently an Associate Librarian/Head of Public Services at the Osgoode Hall Law School Library, York University, Canada where she has previously served as Acting Chief Law Librarian. Prior to this she worked at the Adeola Odutola Law Library, University of Ibadan and the College of The Bahamas/University of the West Indies LL.B Program where she helped set up the law library. She is an active member of several professional organizations such as the AALL, BIALL, CALL/ACBD and IALL. She has contributed book chapters and articles in professional and refereed publications. Yemisi has been invited to present papers in her area of expertise and research at professional seminars and conferences. She holds a Masters in Public Policy, Administration and Law, Master of Library and Information Science, LL.B among others.
- Author(s)Yemisi Dina
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication14/04/2015
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight170 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.