Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
About this product
- DescriptionThis revised edition of Law and People in Colonial America will incorporate recent scholarship and encompass American Indians, the French, and Spaniards as people who-on the fringes of English settlement-raised interesting questions. Among them: how in legal terms did the English deal with marginal societies; how does this posture help us to understand English law and the changes the New World forced upon it; and how did these people on the outside themselves view English law?
- Author BiographyPeter Charles Hoffer is Research Professor of History at the University of Georgia and the author of numerous books on early American law and history.
- Author(s)Peter Charles Hoffer
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication27/02/1998
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.