All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionPresented for the first time in this beautiful, genre-crossing collection is Lawren Harris s original book of poems and 16 color images of the artist s early urban painting. In 1922, while the Group of Seven was emerging as a national phemen, Harris published his only book of poems Contrasts the first modernist exploration of Canadian urban space in verse. He also wandered the streets of Toronto, sketching and creating a powerful set of city paintings. With a 14-page walking tour of Toronto that includes historical and biographical tidbits, this book contains sections of further readings in relation to Harris, the Group of Seven, Toronto and the Ward, and other Toronto walks, more than 65 questions for discussion, and a complete listing of the paintings that provides details on size, medium, and current location. Unlike any other book on Harris, this edition offers a new view of Harris s career before the Group of Seven while presenting an exciting window into city life at the turn of the century.
- Author BiographyLawren Harris was a painter, best known as a member of the Group of Seven who pioneered a distinctly Canadian painting style in the early 20th century. Gregory Betts is an associate professor of English at Brock University and the director at the Centre for Canadian Studies. He has published and edited numerous books, including Avant-Garde Canadian Literature: The Early Manifestations, The Transnational Agenda of Lewis and Pound s Avant-Garde, and A Postmodern Decadence in Canadian Sound and Visual Poetry.
- Author(s)Lawren Harris
- PublisherExile Editions
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleExile Classics
- Place of PublicationToronto, ON
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintExile Editions
- Weight240 g
- Width178 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byGregory Betts
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.