Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionUpdated and expanded, this invaluable reference book was originally written as an aid for those disadvantaged by the deteriorating standing of Latin in our education system and by its use as legal termilogy. Professional and comprehensive, yet lighthearted, it is immensely readable and has assumed a readership far beyond the lawyers for whom it was primarily designed to assist. All those interested in or curious about Latin may like to dip in to discover such particularly succinct phrases as uberrimae fidei (of the utmost [good] faith), in tenebris (in the dark), doli capax (capable, legally, of wrong or fraud) or mala fide (in bad faith). Few learn Latin in school and young lawyers with minimal kwledge of the language will experience considerable difficulty as they continue to meet it, particularly in old reported cases, academic articles, statutes and in decisions of EC institutions and even falling from the lips of renegade judges. When Latin brings progress and comprehension to a halt, what then? Reach for Lawyers' Latin .
- Author BiographyJohn Gray was born in 1938. Educated at Tonbridge School, he read law at Brasenose College, Oxford. Called to the Bar in 1962, he was an Inner Temple major scholar from 1962 - 5 and practised at the Common Law Bar for over thirty years, sitting as a recorder from 1984 to 1994 when he left the Bar to change direction; to write, attend his garden and indulge a life-long interest in wood. He is married with three grown-up children and lives near Ashford in Kent.
- Author(s)John Gray
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width123 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.12Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.