All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.94
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis is Suze Perry-Hinkle's original bilingual French/English coloring book, created from photographs of her stunning dollhouse miniature, the Chateau Bidaine. The three Chateau books feature miniature Cavalier King Charles spaniel dolls around the estate. This book gives the viewer a tour of the miniature building in both French and English, telling about the quirky owners and the dogs who inhabit the actual Chateau, a restored 17th century hunting lodge in Aix-en-Provence, France. The images in this book are full of fantastic details that will delight Francophiles, miniature-lovers, dollhouse enthusiasts, Cavalier King Charles spaniel fans, and artists both young and young-at-heart. The 43 sketches-to-color in this book are made from photographs of the miniature building, and retain some of the original shading and textures. The sketches have the detail that advanced colorers are looking for, with the added advantage of being very forgiving for those who are equally enthusiastic but less skilled. The shading already in the sketches comes through when you use colored pencils, so you can just apply color, or add more shading if you're in the mood. Perfect for low-tech de-stressing, with a beautiful result from a variety of skill levels. The result is an enchanting coloring experience for children and adults alike. We recommend this book for ages 8 and up, but we have found detail-oriented 6 and 7-year-olds enjoying this book when they thought one was looking. Printing is single-sided to help avoid bleed-through. The other two Chateau books are part of our Dollhouse Dogs series: Follymops and the French Chateau Volumes I and II. These are in English only. The dog on the cover, and the way the story is written, make them more accessible to a younger audience. Search keyword Follymops to see all the books.
- Author BiographySuze Perry-Hinkle lives high on a hill in northern California, overlooking the San Francisco Bay. She is an ardent Francophile and has created more than 30 miniature buildings over the past decade, which replicate the look of old Paris and are currently crowding her out of her home. But she can't stop, she's obsessed.
- Author(s)Suze Perry-Hinkle
- Date of Publication20/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Marybeth Adkins
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.