All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionArguably medieval English literary work has had as far and wide a reach as Sir Thomas Malory's Le Morte Darthur ; among the many adaptations are Tennyson's Idylls of the King , T.H. White's The Once and Future King and the Lerner and Loewe musical Camelot . It might also be argued that the late twentieth- and early twenty-first-century tradition of fantasy literature-from Tolkien's Lord of the Rings to George Lucas's Star Wars and beyond-owes much to the Arthurian tradition, rooted in English most strongly in Malory's Morte Darthur . Yet there has been edition that draws on the results of the past generation's scholarship while presenting Malory's work in a form that is at once true to the original and accessible to the modern reader. This new edition, which expands on the revised and expanded selection of Malory material that will be included in the third edition of The Broadview Anthology of British Literature , is all of those things. The extensive selections include most of the material concerning Launcelot and all of the Morte 's two final tales; the language has been partially modernised to make the text accessible to the modern reader, while retaining the flavour of the original; the text has been carefully prepared from the Winchester manuscript ; and the antations are extensive.
- Author BiographySir Thomas Malory (c.1405-1471) was the author of Le Morte Darthur . Frequently accused of robbery and other crimes, he completed his great work while in prison. Maureen Okun is a professor in the Department of English and Chair of the Department of Liberal Studies at Vancouver Island University. Her other books include The Broadview Pocket Guide to Citation and Documentation (2013).
- Author(s)Sir Thomas Malory
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- Series TitleBroadview Anthology of British Literature Editions
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBroadview Press Ltd
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMaureen Okun
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.