CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionCombining the best in modern research on leadership with real life examples from the American Civil War, Lead Like a General will help people in any field hone their leadership abilities. Using many engaging and untold stories of a day-in-the-life of a Civil War leader, this book shows how the research on leadership styles, organizational structure, brain dominance and other related fields can be seen in the actions of these historical figures. A must read for those interested in developing their leadership abilities, as well as those looking for new insights into some of the leaders, both rth and south, from this pivotal period of history.
- Author BiographyPaul Gilbert has been in leadership roles in governmental, nonprofit and private sector organizations. He has served on the governance boards of six organizations. Gilbert holds a bachelor's degree in politics from St. Andrews College and a master's degree in interdisciplinary studies, with a focus on conflict resolution and public policy, from George Mason University. Gilbert has studied organizational change, leadership, communication, and innovation through the Aresty Institute of Executive Education at the Wharton School of Business. As Executive Director of the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority Gilbert oversees the management of a diverse system of public lands and facilities which include numerous historic sites. Gilbert is adjunct faculty at George Mason University, and served on the Board of Regents for the School of Revenue Development and Management at Oglebay. Gilbert has written articles on leadership, history and environmental issues for magazines and newspapers. He also writes a blog on issues related to the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority. In 2014 Gilbert released another book called High Performance Agencies: The Entrepreneurial model for Parks, Recreation and Tourism Organizations.
- Author(s)Paul A Gilbert
- PublisherMarquis Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarquis Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.