All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.66
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor Anne Cipria Venzon selected ten men whose skills and leadership clearly contributed to the formation of the ethos, which became the modern Marine Corps. Based on extensive research, most of it in little-used primary documents, the biographies of the ten men featured in Leaders of Men look both at the men and their role in various engagements and events. From Lincoln's Gettysburg Address and the search for the Alabama during the Civil War to the Battle of Belleau Wood and peacekeeping missions in China in the 1920s, the examination of these careers will give readers a better understanding of what it means to be a Marine.
- Author BiographyAnne Cipriano Venzon earned her doctorate in history from Princeton University. She works as a consultant and an independent historian. She is the author of a number of books including From Whaleboats to Amphibious Warfare and General Smedley Darlington Butler: Letters of a Leatherneck.
- Author(s)Anne Cipriano Venzon
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication20/02/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight381 g
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.