All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionEditors James Henri and Marlene Asselin view the Information Literate School Community (ILSC) as being international. This edited volume of essays from teacher librarians and library educators around the world addresses the issues teacher librarians must face to become leaders in the new worldwide emerging vision of schools. To establish a framework for views expressed by the authors, the editors have identified four major developments that are shaping current thinking and practices of teaching and learning: New learners, New and multiliteracies, New and multiple identities and communities, and Teaching as a political activity. Issues facing teacher librarians as potential school leaders are embedded in these contexts within the essays. The book features chapters written by well-kwn authors in the field such as Ken Haycock, Leslie Farmer, Ann Clyde, Diane Oberg, James Henri, Marlene Asselin, and others. Chapter topics include discussions of reading and the ILSC, kwledge building and the ILSC, policies in the ILSC, the leadership role of the principal in the ILSC, preparing pre-service teachers for the ILSC, and so on.
- Author BiographyJames Henri is Associate Professor and Deputy Director of the Centre for IT in Education, Faculty of Education, University of Hong Kong. Marlene Asselin is Associate Professor, Department of Language and Literacy Education, University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada, and Coordinator, UBC diploma and Masters programs in teacher-librarianship.
- Author(s)James Henri,Professor Marilyn Asselin
- Date of Publication30/04/2005
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationEnglewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width182 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.