All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionMahatma Gandhi needs introduction. An icon revered by millions across the world, he led a country to freedom through methods and principles never used before. What was it about Gandhi that made him an icon? How did a frail, ordinary man bring about a revolution? And how did he manage to rope in the poor, the working class, the elite and the intelligentsia to work together? In this one-of-a-kind self-help book, Virender Kapoor analyses Gandhi's methods and derives leadership lessons from his life, explaining how readers can successfully employ these in their own lives. He reveals how Gandhi carefully analysed situations-the precursor of SWOT analyses-before formulating the best way to deal with them. It was thus that he formulated the idea of Satyagraha. He also shows that Gandhi understood the power of emotional appeal, and used sincerity rather than empty rhetoric to maximize on this. In other words, he 'walked the talk'. These and other strategies by Gandhi provide important lessons for leaders of any era, in any capacity. The key, he reveals, is to adapt, rather than adopt, Gandhi's philosophy in action. Inspirational yet relatable, Leadership: the Gandhi Way is a unique take on the Mahatma.
- Author BiographyVirender Kapoor is a thinker, an educationist and an inspirational guru. An alumnus of IIT Bombay and the former director of a prestigious management institute under the Symbiosis umbrella, he is currently the founder-director, president and chief mentor of Management Institute for Leadership and Excellence (MILE), Pune. His books on emotional intelligence, leadership and self-help have been translated into several regional and foreign languages.
- Author(s)Virender Kapoor
- PublisherRupa & Co
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRupa & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.