All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionVolume 6 of the Leadership Symposiasponsored by the Department of Administrative Sciences and College of Business Administration at Southern Illiis University, Carbondalecharts the state of the field of leadership through a judicious mixture of established and emerging scholars.The text is broken into four parts, with each part containing an Introduction by the editors. Part 1 consists of Leadership and Managerial Behavior as Loosely Coupled Systems for Moving Beyond Establishment Views, by the editors; The Relevance of Some Studies of Managerial Work and Behavior to Leadership Research, Rosemary Stewart; Unstructured, Nonparticipant Observation and the Study of Leaders Interpersonal Contacts, Robert S. Bussom, Lars L. Larson, and William M. Vicars; Leaders on Line, Michael M. Lombardo and Morgan W. McCall, Jr.; and Various Paths Beyond Establishment Views, Bernard Wilpert.Part 2 contains Multiplexed Supervision and Leadership, Fred Dansereau, Jr., Joseph A. Alutto, Steven E. Markham, and MacDonald Dumas; A Theory of Leadership Categorization, Robert G. Lord, Roseanne J. Foti, and James S. Phillips; Leadership Activation Theory, John E. Sheridan, Jeffrey L. Kerr, and Michael A. Abelson; and Intensity of Relation, Dyadic-Group Considerations, Cognitive Categorization, and Transformational Leadership, Bernard M. Bass; Strategies for Dealing with Different Processes in Different Contexts, Ian Morley, A Multiplexed Response to Bass and Morley, Fred Dansereau, Jr., Joseph A. Alutto, Steven E. Markham, and MacDonald Dumas; and Properly Categorizing the Commentary, Roseanne J. Foti, Robert G. Lord, and James S. Phillips.Part 3 contains SYMLOG and Leadership Theory, Robert F. Bales and Daniel J. Isenberg; Toward a Macro-Oriented Model of Leadership: An Odyssey, James G. Hunt and Richard N. Osborn; and Toward a Paradigm Shift in the Study of Leadership, Henry J. Tosi, Jr.Essays in part 4 are If You re Not Serving Bill and Barbara, Then You re Not Serving Leadership, Henry Mintzberg; Beyond Establishment Leadership Views: An Epilog, by the editors; Leadership Research and the European Connection: An Epilog, Dian-Marie Hosking and James G. Hunt; and Conclusion: The Leadership-Management Controversy Revisited, Schriesheim, Hunt, and Sekaran.
- Author BiographyJames G. Hunt is Professor of Administrative Sciences, Southern Illinois University Carbondale.Uma Sekaran is Associate Professor of Administrative Sciences, Southern Illinois University Carbondale.Chester A. Schriesheim is Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior, University of Southern California.
- PublisherSouthern Illinois University Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2006
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationCarbondale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouthern Illinois University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byJames Hunt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.