All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by an author team from one of Europe's leading management schools, this is an accessible and comprehensive leadership textbook, designed with post-experience and MBA students in mind. The book combines highly up-to-date research with a wealth of real-world case studies to help readers make the transition from theory to practice. This student-focussed text draws together the latest key insights and research from contemporary academic writers in a way that is both clear and highly engaging. Divided into two main parts, the book guides the reader thematically through the big issues and debates in the field, including the leadership versus management debate, team performance, and the question of whether leaders are born or made. The first part of the book, 'Key themes in leadership', addresses the core topics which have shaped leadership thinking for academics and practitioners over the last fifty years. While the second part, 'Hot topics in leadership', is devoted to cutting-edge debates within the field, and issues such as strategic leadership, ethical leadership, and leading change. This clear and logical structure is combined with carefully designed learning features including blog boxes, film and media parallels, and discussion points to develop and support your learning, while the critical approach invites you to exercise your thinking skills and develop your own perspectives on the material presented. The authors draw upon their years' of academic and business experience to offer an insight into this important and dynamic field; making this text a must read for students concerned with understanding or practicing leadership.
- Author BiographyDr Marian Iszatt-White is a Senior Teaching Fellow in the Management Development Division at Lancaster University Management School, and is Director of the School's Executive MBA. She is formerly Group Treasurer of Top 100 plc Enterprise Oil. Christopher Saunders is Director of the Full-time MBA at Lancaster University Management School and an Independent Board Member of a social housing company.
- Author(s)Christopher Saunders,Marian Iszatt-White
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication16/01/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date17/03/2017
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight650 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.