Leadership for Equity and Excellence: Creating High-Achievement Classrooms, Schools, and Districts by Linda E. Skrla, James Joseph Scheurich (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.54+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- Description'I feel it makes a contribution to the field in that it brings into focus the many aspects of equity and equality in one source. It makes an excellent base for some meaningful discussion of these issues by those working with aspiring educator leaders as well as those already in the field' - Deborah A Drugan, Principal General, John J Stefanik Elementary School, Chicopee, MA NAESP (National Association of Elementary School Principals) District Principal What sets this book apart from other writing about school leadership and successful schools is the authors' unflinching belief that there is great hope, in the midst of great hypocrisy, that American schools can narrow and eventually eliminate the achievement gap. James Joesph Scheurich and Linda Skrla make clear that there should be only one agenda for every classroom, school, and district in America. All students, regardless of culture, races, ethnicity, ecomics, language, gender, and lifestyle must be educated to attain well-defined high standards of learning. The authors demonstrate how leaders in such schools mobilize faculty, staff, and community to openly study inequities among students and how standards, curriculum, and assessments are used as levers for identifying and improving student achievement. They describe how leaders promote purposeful and collaborative classrooms among teachers, administrators, and parents to improve instruction, create with others a climate of care, and use accountability and equity audits to continuously scan for inequities across multiple domains of student learning and activities. This book is both eloquent in its simplicity to understand and deeply moving in its call to action. It will provide you with a world of practice - drawn from schools, faculty, and leaders who make the belief, the practice of their work
- Author BiographyJames Joseph Scheurich is an associate professor in educational administration and the director of the Public School Executive Leadership Programs at The University of Texas at Austin. He is the author of two books, Anti-Racist Scholarship and Research Method in the Postmodern, and coauthor with Bob Donmoyer and Michael Imber of another, The Knowledge Base in Educational Administration. In addition, he and a coauthor have another book under contract and nearly completed, Equity and Accountability. He is the coeditor with Angela Valenzuela of the journal, International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education. He is the author or coauthor of numerous articles in academic journals, including in Educational Researcher, Journal of Education Policy, Urban Education, Educational Administration Quarterly, Education and Urban Society, and the International Journal of Leadership in Education, among others. He also writes newspaper editorials and for education journals, such as Phi Delta Kappan. His doctorate was earned at The Ohio State University. Linda Skrla is Professor of Educational Administration at Texas A&M University. Prior to joining the Texas A&M faculty in 1997, Linda worked as a middle school and high school teacher and as a campus and district administrator in public schools. Her research focuses on educational equity issues in school leadership, including accountability policy, high success school districts, and women superintendents. Linda is Vice President of Division A of the American Educational Research Association (AERA) and Editor of Educational Administration Quarterly. She has published extensively in academic journals and has co-authored and co-edited five other books, the most recent of which is Using Equity Audits to Create Equitable and Excellent Schools (Corwin Press, 2009).
- Author(s)James Joseph Scheurich,Linda E. Skrla
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.