All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionIn this invaluable and detailed presentation of the leading creative figures in a richly invative and dynamic period of Czech theatre, Professor Jarka M. Burian provides us with insightful portraits of the directors K. H. Hilar, E. F. Burian, Alfred Radok, and Otomar Krejca: of the famous Voskovec and Werich comedic duo; of the scegrapher Josef Svoboda; and of the playwright, w President of the Czech Republic, Vaclav Havel. There are also briefer studies of numerous other directors, designers, and actors. The author, a Czech-American theatre scholar and practitioner, has been a frequent on-site observer of Czech theatre since 1965. He is directly acquainted with many of the major artists and the most table productions that have made Czech theatre internationally famous.
- Author BiographyProfessor Jarka M. Burian studied at Rutgers University, and was awarded graduate degrees in theatre and drama at Columbia and Cornell Universities. Burian has lectured at many universities in the USA and abroad and directed numerous productions. He continues to teach, direct and pursue his research and publications.
- Author(s)Jarka M. Burian
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.