All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLittle is kwn about those at the command end of policing in Europe. Over the last two years, Bryn Caless and Steve Tong have had unique access to those at the top of Europe's police forces, obtaining detailed comments from more than a hundred strategic police leaders in 22 countries and presenting, for the first time, information about how they are selected for high office, how they are held to account and what their views are on current and future challenges in policing. Building on research conducted in the UK, this is a timely and unparalleled insight into a little-kwn elite in the law-enforcement world.
- Author BiographyBryn Caless is Senior Lecturer, Law and Criminal Justice Studies, Canterbury Christ Church University. He specialises in elite studies of policing and police accountability and has written Policing at the Top (Policy Press, 2011) on chief police officers in England and Wales. He is currently researching Police & Crime Commissioners. Steve Tong is Director of Policing & Criminal Justice in the School of Law, Criminal Justice & Computing at Canterbury Christ Church University, UK. He has published widely with research interests in police learning and development, professionalization, criminal investigation and police leadership.
- Author(s)Bryn Caless,Steven Tong
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables
- Weight590 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.