Leading Public Health: A Competency Framework by Jan Malcolm, James W. Begun (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $106.57+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $74.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a current, compact guide to the values, kwledge and competencies needed by public health professionals to mobilise people, organisations and communities to successfully tackle tough public health challenges. It is the only leadership text designed specifically for graduate students of public health, highlighting those aspects of leadership unique to this discipline. Drawing from the MPH Core Competency Model that guides accredited MPH curricula, the text focuses on developing the leadership skills that will enable public health professionals to set bold future directions, enlist diverse populations, seek and use power, communicate effectively and strive for excellence. It is co-authored by a highly respected scholar of public health leadership who is the recipient of prominent awards for excellence in teaching and scholarship. Based on the premise that public health is undervalued, the book addresses the need for more informed and proactive public health leadership and describes the kwledge and values required for such leadership. At its heart are detailed examinations of the five specific, evidence-based competencies required for leadership. It also includes content on future challenges, social media, intergenerational collaboration and quality improvement. Written in accessible language, the text is replete with multiple case examples.
- Author BiographyJames W. Begun, PhD, is James A. Hamilton Professor of Healthcare Management in the Division of Health Policy and Management, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota. He teaches management and leadership at the graduate level in the School of Public Health, where he received the Leonard M. Schuman Award for Excellence in Teaching in 2009, among other awards. Dr. Begun's 100+ publications include the book Strategic Adaptation in the Health Professions: Meeting the Challenges of Change, and his article on health care strategic planning received the American College of Healthcare Executives' Best Paper Award in 2001. Dr. Begun has been active nationally in promoting competency-based education, serving as Chair of the Accrediting Commission on Education in Health Services Administration. He was awarded the Gary L. Filerman Prize for Innovation in Healthcare Management Education in 2008 by the Association of University Programs in Health Administration. In addition, Dr. Begun currently serves on the Science Advisory Board, Plexus Institute; Board of Commissioners, Commission on Nurse Certification; Board of Directors, Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education; and the editorial advisory board of Health Care Management Review. Jan Malcolm is Chief Executive Officer of Courage Center, a Minnesota-based rehabilitation and resource centre that seeks to advance the lives of children and adults experiencing barriers to health and independence. Prior to joining Courage Center, Ms. Malcolm was a senior programme officer for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation in Princeton, NJ, where she helped develop funding initiatives to strengthen the nation's public health system. Ms. Malcolm served as Commissioner of Health for the State of Minnesota from 1999-2003 and was Vice President of Public Affairs at Allina Health System and a Senior Vice President of Government Programs and Public Policy at HealthPartners. She currently serves as a board member of Hennepin Healthcare System, Inc., the Bush Foundation, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota and the BCBSMN Foundation and the Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement.
- Author(s)James W. Begun,Jan Malcolm
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.