All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe call to care for creation is a central part of our discipleship as followers of Jesus Christ. However, language and imagery of the earth is often absent in our worship services. This book helps reconnect our commitment to creation care with our life of discipleship. The process includes helping congregational members name ways that they are involved in caring for creation and encouraging them to see ways that these practices are related to Christian faith, and in doing so, nurturing the life of our communities while fostering our identity as those who care for the earth. Central to the process of reconnecting holy discipleship with earth stewardship is the development and rediscovery of biblical imagery and language that will support our care of creation and shape our prayers. As our actions are more closely connected to the language of our prayers, praying and acting will inform and enrich each other. This book also includes custom liturgies that highlight earth care, prayerfully prepared for the major festivals of the church year.
- Author BiographyPaul Galbreath is professor of worship and preaching at Union Presbyterian Seminary. As an ordained Presbyterian teaching elder, Galbreath has served congregations in Clatskanie, Woodburn, and Warrenton, Oregon as well as in Tacoma, Washington. He has also written Leading from the Table and Leading through the Water.
- Author(s)Paul Galbreath
- PublisherAlban Institute, Inc
- Date of Publication24/09/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleVital Worship Healthy Congregations
- Place of PublicationBethesda, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlban Institute, Inc
- Weight199 g
- Width155 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine8 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $32.08
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $33.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.