All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionAt the dawn of the French revolution, masses of hungry peasants burn the chateaux of aristocrats throughout France. After the death of his estranged family, an 18 year-old bleman, the Marquis Marcel de la Croix, is forced to raise the royalist banner, despite his own revolutionary leanings. The wreck of his family fortress becomes a bastion for newly disenfranchised aristocrats, and Marcel and his fiery associate, Pierre Lafont, lead a rebel group called the League of the Star. After a bitter falling out with Lafont, Marcel escapes to England incognito, hoping to put the past behind him. In England he encounters several French emigres: the large, brutish former soldier, M Tolouse, the haughty Mlle de Courteline, and the sheltered Mlle Vallon. As these traveling exiles are forced together, a young boy in their company begins to intrigue them with a mysterious tale of love. Can a simple love story, begun merely to entertain the weary travellers, hold the key to Marcel's fate?
- Author BiographyN R Cruse surrounds herself with good literature and roaring fire, shunning general society. Her writing, working and dreaming are done in a cozy little house somewhere in the wilds of Alberta. She comes by her love of the written word honestly, as she is the great (x8) grand-daughter of Daniel Defoe.
- Author(s)N. R. Cruse
- PublisherStonehouse Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintStonehouse Publishing
- Weight486 g
- Width125 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.