All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- Description'A great little book for teachers based on robust evidence.' - Carl Hendrick, Head of Learning and Research at Wellington College This book is for any teacher who's interested in improving their lesson planning and practice. It outlines a set of mindsets and habits you can use to help you identify the most impactful parts of your teaching, and put them centre stage. It's about doing less to achieve more. But it's also about being happier and more confident in the classroom. Building stronger routines around the essentials will give you more time and space to appreciate and think creatively about your work. POWER UP YOUR PLANNING Lean Lesson Planning draws on the latest evidence from educational research and cognitive science, to present a concise and coherent framework to help you improve learning experiences and outcomes for your students. It's the evidence-based teacher's guide to planning for learning, and sits alongside books such as Teach Like a Champion, Embedded Formative Assessment, and Visible Learning for Teachers. NOTE If you're looking for ways to short-cut the amount of time you spend planning lessons, then this book is t for you. The approach outlined in Lean Lesson Planning requires effort and practice, that given time, will lead to better teaching and higher quality learning for less input. --- CONTENTS ACT I Lean foundations 1. Defining lean 2. Lean mindsets 3. Lean habits ACT II Habits for planning 4. Backwards design 5. Kwing kwledge 6. Checking understanding 7. Efficient strategies 8. Lasting learning 9. Inter-lesson planning ACT III Habits for growing 10. Building excellence 11. Growth teaching 12. Collective improvement Lean Lesson Planning is the first instalment in the High Impact Teaching series.
- Author BiographyPeps Mccrea is an award-winning teacher educator, researcher and edtech entrepreneur. He is a Senior Lecturer in Teacher Education at a large University in the UK, and co-founder of edtech startups Staffrm and Numeracy Ready. Peps has three Masters degrees, two small kids, and dances like no one is watching, which is probably for the best. Visit pepsmccrea.com for the full shebang.
- Author(s)Peps McCrea
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication19/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date20/04/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.